UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Sep 2018, 1:56 pm   #1
Neallh11
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ferrograph 100YD military reel to reel info

Hi, I'm new to this so not too sure if this will even be posted in the right place.

I recently got a Ferrography yd 100 tape machine ..im just looking for some info on it

Spool size? Tape size? Any other things that might be necessary for me to know

I've read that it was more for more code and it's not really an audio recorder, but I got it cheap and fancy giving it a go.

Any one with experience with it?
Old 13th Sep 2018, 6:37 pm   #2
barrymagrec
Octode

Default Re: Ferrograph 100YD military reel to reel info

I think this is a very early machine, late forties / early fifties - predates the 2/AN model.

Big rectangular aluminium case? - Octal valves? Dropdown flap at the front protecting the controls?

Probably 7.5 / 3.75 ips.

Circuit and deckwise it is very similar to the later machines and should perform quite well.

Maximum 8.25 inch spools.

I did have one of these many years ago, it was ex GCHQ - I still have most of the bits but I started to modify it to all push button operation then kind of lost interest.
Old 14th Sep 2018, 4:39 pm   #3
BillDWVA
Pentode

Default Re: Ferrograph 100YD military reel to reel info

The man to answer your questions is probably Terry Martini of Ferrograph World. He may be along in a moment, as he’s on here but here’s the website..

http://ferrographworld.com
Closed Thread