UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Nov 2016, 10:59 pm   #1
AidanLunn
Heptode

Default Sobell & Philips TVs spotted on Gumtree

[[MODS: please change the title to "Gumtree TV finds" or somesuch]]

Sobell T175 - Perth and Kinross, Scotland: Judging from the locality, this TV will have been tuned to Kirk O'Shotts (BBC Scotland) and Black Hill (ITA Scottish TV)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-tv-d...net/1196716286

EDIT: It is £120, though.

Mid-50s Philips console TV, I narrowly missed one of these in my local BHF shop that was only on sale on eBay. I've regretted it ever since. £45, Bristol (so Wenvoe (BBC West/Wales) and St. Hilary (ITA TWW then HTV later))

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-dini...net/1195893427

Last edited by AC/HL; 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:33 pm. Reason: Title changed as requested
Old 4th Nov 2016, 11:11 am   #2
pastyboy
Hexode

Default Re: Sobell & Philips TVs spotted on Gumtree

spotted that one too, looks nice cond usually the console sets seem battered. Quite a few gumtree ads come up mostly in Scotland which is a shame foe me as we are in Cornwall !!
Old 4th Nov 2016, 11:35 am   #3
Peter.N.
Dekatron

I doubt that they are that old, they both have rectangular tubes and multi channel tuners that would put them in the early to mid '50s. Its really a matter of what they are worth to you. The second one looks interesting, never seen one of those.

Peter
Old 4th Nov 2016, 8:18 pm   #4
AidanLunn
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastyboy View Post
Quite a few gumtree ads come up mostly in Scotland which is a shame foe me as we are in Cornwall !!
Well the Philips is in Bristol, so more in your neck of the woods than rural Scotland!

I would go for it, but the distance between Bristol and Sheffield makes it difficult. The fact I have actually run out of space where I couldn't even take a 17" late 50s consolette TV in let alone a full console TV kills my chances of ownership of such a TV stone dead.
Closed Thread