UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Mar 2016, 9:08 pm   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default G-QRP Convention: Last one is on Saturday Oct 22nd 2016

Although I've not been active in amateur radio for some years, I'm still a member of the G-QRP Club, greatly enjoy receiving 'SPRAT' magazine, and have attended many of the annual 'Conventions' - basically friendly get-togethers and a rally for QRPers. This last few years I've had a table to dispose of my amateur radio gear, so have just received an invite to book a table this year (which I won't be doing).

I was saddened to note from the invitation to book a table, the following information from Dick Pascoe, G0BPS, who is the Convention Manager:

Quote:

PLEASE NOTE; This year will be the LAST ONE the organisers have decided to call it a day. We are all over 70 now and in my case I do not look forward to a 300 mile drive each way.
There will not be a convention in 2017 unless someone much younger comes forward to take over and should they do so we will offer our help where possible.

Personally I shall be quite upset as I have been to every single Convention since 1989.

Dick Pascoe G0BPS
Convention Manager G-QRP Club
Past President QRP-ARCI

End quote.

So, just to tip off anyone thinking of going, that this year will be your last opportunity, unless someone pops up to take over the reins to keep this otherwise successful event alive.
Closed Thread