UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2019, 8:22 pm   #1
crestavega
Pentode

Default Jetra TRN-600 Star-Lite pocket radio

I have the remains of my father's pocket radio (Jetra Star-Lite TRN-600). The remains amount to the front plastic half-shell (including speaker) and the leather carryingcase.
The actual radio and the rear halfshell are gone.
I am partially responsible, having dismantled it many years ago in my childhood.

I would love to "resurrect" it to operational status. the easy route to do that would be to basically buy another (complete) one.

it was a gift to him from his older brother who was working in USA in the 1960's.

It is probably pretty rare here in Europe but I wonder if the radio chassis might have been sold under different wrappers?
if I can't find an original chassis then I guess It will become a project to install a modern IC receiver inside the case and try to make the control thumbwheels fit the front panel slots.
Old 21st Apr 2019, 9:30 pm   #2
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: Jetra TRN-600 Star-Lite pocket radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestavega View Post
I have the remains of my father's pocket radio (Jetra Star-Lite TRN-600). The remains amount to the front plastic half-shell (including speaker) and the leather carryingcase.
The actual radio and the rear halfshell are gone.
I am partially responsible, having dismantled it many years ago in my childhood.
I sympathise completely, did the same thing with my Grandad’s radio which is also rare in this country since it was bought in Holland.

Suggest you show us a picture here, you never know what might turn up. Also have a look on eBay, one will eventually show up.

Would try that first before you try and build within the constraints of half a case. Good luck if you do though, remember all is possible!

BTW if anyone a gold grilled Japanese Zephyr transistor set going spare.....

Peter.
Old 21st Apr 2019, 9:36 pm   #3
crestavega
Pentode

bit lazy but this is a complete version of it:

https://picclick.com/Vintage-Star-Li...497635212.html
Old 21st Apr 2019, 10:16 pm   #4
Reelman
Octode

That’s an attractive radio but a slightly unusual arrangement of knobs and dial. Keep your eyes open for a similar layout and it will probably fit your case. Many of these Japanese/Hong-Kong radios showed up under many different names.

BTW the “Zephyr” I am looking for is the TR-64. Standard pocket sized MW portable but beautiful in my eyes.

Peter
Old 8th May 2019, 1:08 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

Continued here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=156390
Closed Thread