UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Old 8th Nov 2018, 8:24 am   #1
osx86apple
Tetrode

Default ZENITH console radio 8S661

Hi everyone

I have got hold of a Zenith console radio 8S661 which has had some partial restoration so works very well on radio reception. I would like to add an auxiliary input as there is no gram on these, my thoughts were via the volume pot but wonder if anyone could advise the best way, I would need to cut the radio signal as its too noisy even on one of the quieter wavebands.
osx86apple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2018, 8:52 am   #2
ukcol
Dekatron

Default Re: ZENITH console radio 8S661

I would use a mono jack socket of the switching type. There are types with 2 or more change over contacts which give you a number of options including breaking the audio path from the detector and changing the DC conditions in the local oscillator so that it doesn't run.
ukcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2018, 4:17 am   #3
FrankB
Hexode

Default Re: ZENITH console radio 8S661

I have seen some folks adding a switching jack at the grid of the first audio tube, or first audio amp xistor.
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote