UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jan 2016, 5:58 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default 30MU, RAF Sealand

Just wondering, having read Geoff Titcombe's earlier thread, are there any other Forum folk who were acquainted with the avionics & test equipment at Sealand?
My last visit, in the early 70's, as a Cosford Instructor, was to assess recently qualified RAF apprentices who had been posted there. Amazingly, some of them had been trained at the Liverpool Dental School(not far away), to use dental tools to de-encapsulate & repair solid state components & chips. Cant for the life of me remember which equipment they were working on. Possibly Radar, but I'm just not sure. But it was American.

Regards, David
Closed Thread