UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Feb 2008, 2:24 am   #1
SEABAZ
Triode

Default Good Shop

Hello Everybody

I think I should tell you about a shop in Cullercoats called ESR Components, they have a good website but I don't know how to do links so look for yourself. The high voltage electrolytics are mind blowingly cheap in comparson to the insane prices I have seen elsewhere!.
Anyway that's it, this shop is a 5 minute bike ride for me and I think they're sick of me asking for 2W resistors or 47uF 450V caps so get it together friends and use them so they don't discontinue this beuatiful service!.
All the best Barry
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 9:00 am   #2
sortedradio
Heptode

Default Re: Good Shop

Hi there,
here's the link:- http://www.esr.co.uk/index.html
and thanks for the info. Good sources of parts etc are always appreciated.
Regards Martin
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 12:26 pm   #3
Aerodyne
Octode

That does look like a really useful site. Thanks for the link!
-Tony
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 12:39 pm   #4
radiogammon
Retired Dormant Member

I have used their website for buying mainly miniature electrolytics for re-capping vintage Japanese and USA pocket transistor sets. They have a great range hard to find elsewhere and prices and postage are very reasonable. Fast service and highly recommended.
Old 5th Feb 2008, 12:54 am   #5
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

This shop has already been listed in the Useful Shops List. I have therefore added the link from post #2 of this thread to the reference in USL. This thread is therefore superfluous and now closed.
Closed Thread