UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Nov 2010, 10:56 am   #1
geofy
Retired Dormant Member

Post Rapid

I can't find the page with the recomended websites, the link https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=51 in the sticky above appears to be out of date.

I have just bought a few things from www.rapidonline.com and found them to be very good, the prices are ex-vat. They have a very good selection of multimeters, while I would like an expensive Fluke I instead bought a cheap digital as I wanted one that had a capacitance range and the MS8221C AUTORANGING also has a temperature probe and HFE for around £26 inc vat. It is not RoHS approved but that doesn't matter.

Also Rapid is the only place I have been able to buy a single 3K3 wirewound 6Watt resistor. And their Servisol Super 10 price is very reasonable. There is free postage for things over £35'ish so I added a few batteries to my order.

The usual disclaimer, I am a customer and not connected with Rapid Electronics in any manner.

Last edited by geofy; 9th Nov 2010 at 11:11 am.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 12:09 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: rapid

If you're referring to the sticky thread here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=55701

The link to Rapid in it is correct and working.

It is not possible to copy links directly from a post, paste them elsewhere and then expect them to work. The reason is that the actual text of the link in a post is truncated, otherwise links to say eBay would be absurdly long. You need to click the link and once at the page copy the link from the address bar. It can then be pasted into a post.

If you can tell me which thread your link came from I will try to sort things out.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 12:17 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: rapid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
It is not possible to copy links directly from a post, paste them elsewhere and then expect them to work. The reason is that the actual text of the link in a post is truncated, otherwise links to say eBay would be absurdly long. You need to click the link and once at the page copy the link from the address bar. It can then be pasted into a post.
In Firefox and perhaps elsewhere you can simply right click the link and "copy link location". This can be pasted into the browser address bar. Firefox right click also offers the option of opening the link in a new tab or window. Also in Firefox clicking the link with the middle button will open it in a new tab.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 1:00 pm   #4
Station X

Default Re: Rapid

In IE that's right click and "copy shortcut"

Old 9th Nov 2010, 2:20 pm   #5
geofy
Retired Dormant Member

Post Re: rapid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
If you're referring to the sticky thread here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=55701

The link to Rapid in it is correct and working.

If you can tell me which thread your link came from I will try to sort things out.
The link is in the sticky at the top of the website page, posted by valvecollector.

Could your link to the webpages be made a sticky instead.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 3:17 pm   #6
Station X

It is a sticky.

I'll sort out the valvecollector post.

Old 9th Nov 2010, 3:22 pm   #7
Station X

valvecollector post sorted:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ead.php?t=2497

Old 10th Nov 2010, 11:00 am   #8
geofy
Retired Dormant Member

Rapid lived up to their name with parts arriving the next day. The multimeter for the price is extremely good with a case similar to a Fluke and a good sized display. The capacitance range goes up to 1000uF and after trying a few it gave accurate results from 20nF upwards. There is an adaptor for testing transistors and capacitors, and a temperature probe. As the three triple A cells came from China I expect the meter is made there as well, the only fiddly bit was getting the two small screws out to open the battery box to put the cells in. The 3K3 resistor is just the right size as well, matches the old carbon one but three times the power rating.
Closed Thread