UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2009, 6:58 pm   #1
ELBRUJO
Retired Dormant Member

Default EKCO Model U186 Radio Schematics

Hello All:

I am A Montrealer looking for schematic diagrams of the British made EKCO model U186 radio. Any other info concerning this radio would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone please help me as to where i could find this info?

I appreciate all the help.

Cheers and 73 de Montreal, Quebec Canada!

Old 22nd May 2009, 11:26 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: EKCO Model U186 Radio Schematics

There is a Murphy U186M that might be what you want. No obvious signs of an Ekco U186, though. There are some Ekco sets with U*** model numbers in the service data available above- some of the low res front sheets you can look at before buying have pictures in them which may give a hint.

Chris
Old 23rd May 2009, 1:41 am   #3
paulsherwin

Default Re: EKCO Model U186 Radio Schematics

It's probably an export set (it certainly is if it will run from 115V mains voltage). If so, you're unlikely to find service data for it from UK sources, since the UK Ekco dealer network wouldn't have received any info.

Your best bet would be to find a UK domestic radio which is electrically similar. It will help if you post a valve/tube lineup and some pictures of the chassis. Ekco used similar circuits in most of their early 50s radios so you should be able to find something helpful.

paul
Closed Thread