UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2006, 1:59 pm   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Multistandard PC/TV - What Next?

Hi,

After completely exhausting myself in the weeks leading up to NVCF trying to get something ready in time, I'm taking a short relaxing holiday inside Russian portable radios

I think the next thing that needs to happen is to get some sort of website up and running; Paul Stenning has generously offered space and help with this. A lot of the sort of questions that keep cropping up could be better dealt with on the website, so that's probably the first priority.

Next up is likely to be a further refinement and simplification of the RGBHV/composite converter circuit; along with laying out a PCB for it. I have some ideas for this which I'll be trying out once my Riga 103 is back in one piece and I can clear my bench again

I'm considering a few variations on the circuit:
  • Basic circuit which just converts anything fed in to composite monochrome, with XORed syncs.
  • Advanced circuit offering proper regenerated syncs, and automatic disconnection of the composite output if the input timings go out of range, possibly switching to an additional HD-15 connector so a PC monitor can be connected up.

I'm looking at making provision for other standards; particularly 441-line and 819-line; this may require little more than ensuring the video bandwidth is at least 10MHz for 819-line; though generation of proper syncs for other standards needs investigating.

So; what would you be interested in? Would there be any interest in a PCB that just needs components fitting; or a complete ready-to-go built-up unit? Basic XORed syncs or proper syncs to the specification? Additional standards? Protection from out of range timings?

Comments and suggestions welcome

Regards, Kat
Old 14th May 2006, 6:05 pm   #2
oldeurope
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Multistandard PC/TV - What Next?

Hi Kat, I think if you decide to make a PCB you should make a correct V-sync.
The XOR is to make a simple hand wired experiment. Making a V sync is much
easyer than you expect. Look how it is done in my converter.
How does your current state schematic look?

Kind regards
Darius

PS: I've seen your pics from the NVCF here. Looks good!

Last edited by oldeurope; 14th May 2006 at 6:13 pm.
Closed Thread