UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Apr 2023, 10:06 pm   #1
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Default MK 2Amp & 5Amp Plugs

Hi, Just a quick enquiry, I have some of the above that have one or more of cover securing screws missing. i know that they are 1" long but before I order anymore can anyone confirm what thread they?

I am guessing they are either 3mm, 5BA or 1/8" BSW but I don't have any screw thread gauges to check them with.

Regards
Trevor.
Old 21st Apr 2023, 10:39 am   #2
Rileyman
Pentode

Default Re: MK 2Amp & 5Amp Plugs

Hi Trevor ,
The screws you need are Brass (later steel) , 5BA, CSK., Slot-headed, 1/2" long.
This applies to 2amp and 5amp plugs --- regardless of the shape of the plug tops . Perhaps I should add "in my experience" !
If you need only a very few , I could find you some .

Regards,

Laurie .
Old 23rd Apr 2023, 6:43 pm   #3
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Default Re: MK 2Amp & 5Amp Plugs

Thanks for the information Laurie, I have ordered a supply as I need a few.

Many Thanks
Trevor.
Closed Thread