UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2019, 5:00 pm   #1
govjohn
Pentode

Default R-S Data sheets

Does anyone know of an archive of R-S semiconductor equivalents. R-S themselves do not supply information on any semiconductor that is not current. In my oppinion this is irresponsible and renders anything fitted with RS semiconductors irrepairable.
Rant over, John.
Old 12th Sep 2019, 5:39 pm   #2
dsergeant
Octode

Default Re: R-S Data sheets

Some of them are on the old RS Catalogue CD which I have. You have to install the software to be able to use that and doing so as it was designed in Windows 95 days is quite a nightmare. I have it installed on one of my laptops and could possibly have a look if you need a specific one but it probably won't be until after the weekend.

Dave
Old 12th Sep 2019, 6:41 pm   #3
McMurdo
Dekatron

I suppose it's been so long since they put just the RS code on chips that they don't think it's relavent.

I've got the old red RS ring binders which will probably have a fair few of the part numbers in there if anyone's desperate for a code
Old 12th Sep 2019, 7:03 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I've got two binders worth – I'm happy to have a go at scanning them all and if I can get round to organising it they'll go on k04BB or the Internet Archive!

Chris Williams