UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2018, 11:47 am   #1
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Kotecha Electronics, Hitchin

Hi All,

Whilst not exactly vintage, the last local independent electronic retailer in Hitchin is closing down.

Kotecha Electronics have been in Hitchin for 35 years, and are now clearing all of their stock, current and past.

There are lots of cables, and audio connectors, as well as some CRT based TVs and Monitors, as well as all sorts of other stuff being cleared.

The close completely towards the end of February, but stock is going quickly.

Might be worth popping in if you are local, and have a penchant for stuff from the 80s and 90s.

Cheers
Sean
Old 20th Feb 2018, 7:53 pm   #2
Stuart R
Heptode

Default Re: Kotecha Electronics, Hitchin

Hello Sean,

We've bought a few things from there over the years, most memorable was a Casio pocket LCD TV I received for my 18th Birthday. There was still one on display today when I had my final browse.

There's a nice Sony WEGA 32" CRT TV with matching stand, it appears to still have its box. A few other MAXIM branded 14" TV/VHS (or were they DVD?) combis.

Quite a few car stereos with cassette players, including UNISEF branded units with the older DIN-D style fitting.

Some fax machines and other telecoms/office equipment including a Tandy Duofone telephone answering machine which is more the size of a VHS machine.

An Amstrad E-M@iler telephone with box is in the window.

Definitely a look back at those must-have gadgets, which although looking very obsolete are not that old.

Some fixtures and fittings are up for sale, but alas nothing branded 'Tandy'. You have to look hard, but there are a few small Tandy items on the shelves.

Last day is this Saturday, 24th February.

http://www.thecomet.net/news/busines...ears-1-5392136

SR

Last edited by Stuart R; 20th Feb 2018 at 8:02 pm. Reason: Link added
Closed Thread