UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2018, 3:03 pm   #1
Replicaright
Triode

Default R209 AM problem

Listening to my R209(12v) this week when AM suddenly went off. No background noises or static to be heard. It's as though the set is switched off. However CW still works and FM has a background mush. Anyone experienced this and any helpful tips on what to be looking for?
Jon
Old 24th Nov 2018, 1:45 pm   #2
Replicaright
Triode

Default Re: R209 AM problem

Problem now solved with help from another forum.
Old 24th Nov 2018, 1:49 pm   #3
Radio Wrangler

Any clues as to what it was? There may well have been interested people reading on here, but just no one with a ready answer.

David
Old 24th Nov 2018, 2:38 pm   #4
Replicaright
Triode

Dead IT4 valve in i.f. plug in pack.Heater o.c.New valve was the fix.
Old 24th Nov 2018, 3:04 pm   #5
Radio Wrangler

Ah, thanks.

A straight forward fault, but satisfying enough when fixed. I was interested because I assumed sets of that generation injected BFO into the same detector as was used for AM, so losing AM without CW was unexpected.

David