UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2019, 7:12 pm   #1
G4YVM David
Heptode

Default Heathkit IM2420

I have a Heathkit IM2420 frequency counter which I think was good in its day. Anyway, the range A on mine is dodgy now and I wondered if anyone has had a bash at fixing one? When I wiggle and twist the trigger pot I can sometimes get a frequency readout of what looks like a sensible figure, but then it quickly stops working again. It makes me wonder whether it's something as simple as a dirty pot...but that would be too good to be true.

I have downloaded the service / construction manual so I can start going through it when I have time, but wondered whether anyone else has fixed one.