UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2006, 4:08 pm   #1
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Circuit for Hacker A205 here!

I hope the mods won't mind my posting this here, it's for Howard but I couldn't attach it to a pm, so I thought I'd put it here where anyone who wants one can have it!
Attached Files
File Type: doc hcA205.doc (320.0 KB, 330 views)
Old 28th May 2006, 4:27 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Circuit for Hacker A205 here!

It would have been better attached to a thread about the set in question, rather than posted in isolation.

Let me know if there is a thread it relates to, otherwise I will remove it in a couple of days (once Howard has retrieved it).

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 28th May 2006, 7:16 pm   #3
GJR 11L
Heptode

Oops, sorry Paul,

I avoided posting it in "success stories" as I reckoned that I had already nudged Howard's "Hacker VHF Herald" discussion too far off topic.

Obviously that decision rests with you and your moderators, I simply thought that a schematic was not best posted in a discussion about the restoration of a specific set, especially as the diagram can be of use to owners of other models.

The scan was taken from an original Hacker book, so I figured copyright may have expired by now in case that's a problem.

FWIW I'm quite happy to have others benefit from the diagram, anyone wanting the whole circuit for their set will have to buy one of your data sheets or CDs.

Apologies again, if you consider "Success Stories" the appropriate venue for the posting of this then that's cool with me.
Old 28th May 2006, 7:40 pm   #4
Station X

GJR 11L.

You might want to consider scanning it for inclusion in the Volume 5 CD. I think that Paul is always looking for new material for this.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 28th May 2006, 9:47 pm   #5
GJR 11L
Heptode

Graham,
I would gladly provide the diagram or any other Hacker one for the forum and its users, I suspect though that Hacker stuff is very well catered for already by Paul's email and CD data facilities. The circuit shown is basically, sorry, exactly the same for RP25/25A/35/37/37A and quite possibly others that I have forgotten.

The last time I scanned a complete Hacker manual for a forum member, the exercise took hours due to the slow but steady approach of the old Mustek scanner even on a low resolution.
Old 28th May 2006, 9:55 pm   #6
Station X

Thanks GPR 11L.

I didn't realise that the circuit was similar to that for other Hackers which are on Paul's CDs.

I too know just how long it takes to scan a multi-page manual. I've thought about getting a scanner with a document feeder just for this purpose, but of course this won't help with a manual which can't be unstapled.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 28th May 2006, 11:23 pm   #7
GJR 11L
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ILN
Thanks GJR 11L.

I didn't realise that the circuit was similar to that for other Hackers which are on Paul's CDs.

I too know just how long it takes to scan a multi-page manual. I've thought about getting a scanner with a document feeder just for this purpose, but of course this won't help with a manual which can't be unstapled.
Well, these original Hacker manuals are bound with one of those plastic springy things, a bit like the ones you find in note pads. Taking the books apart is easy, and at least enables scanning one sheet at a time.

Putting the back together afterwards is the tricky bit, I'd rather restring a Satellit 210! Or perhaps not.
Old 28th May 2006, 11:26 pm   #8
howard
Nonode

Hello,

I have taken a copy now ... thanks Phil.

You must try and get a service manual for the Hacker Herald VHF RP37A Paul !
Its not on your service data by Email list and its quite a popular radio.

Howard
Old 29th May 2006, 8:47 am   #9
GJR 11L
Heptode

Howard,
The RP37A is just an RP25A without the a.m. section (albeit with AFC that can be switched off independently of the muting button), so unless you collect service data there's not much need for a separate sheet.