UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Nov 2010, 6:28 am   #1
tajci38
Retired Dormant Member

Default 1931 Philco Model 111 Highboy restoration

Hi, I have a 1931 Philco Model 111 Highboy radio and am hoping to find a repairer/restorer for it. Only site I've found so far lists American radios as things he doesn't touch? Can anyone point me in the right direction please? (UK only). Very many thanks

Bill
Old 14th Nov 2010, 10:34 am   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Domestic radio restoration

Hello is just the chassis you require restoring, if so i should be possible to remove it for transportation ,I will the first one to volunteer take the job on .regards Mick.
Old 24th Nov 2010, 11:39 am   #3
tajci38
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Domestic radio restoration

Hi Mick

Brief potted history..I inherited the Philco some 20 years ago from an old neighbour who had bought it new in america in 1931. Ive never heard it working. Its in a big cabinet, which is unmarked..removing and transporting the chassis only would be much easier.
It also has a big black box (transformer perhaps?) which probably needs attention as well. Would dearly love to get it operational again..have resisted all the pleas to rip the radio out, put in glass shelves and use it as a cocktail cabinet!!

Would be happy to transport it myself, probably sometime between Jan-March next year. Would you need the loudspeaker as well?

Apols for my not replying sooner,

Bill

Last edited by Station X; 24th Nov 2010 at 11:42 am. Reason: Email address removed to comply with forum rules.
Old 24th Nov 2010, 11:53 am   #4
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: 1931 Philco Model 111 Highboy restoration

Hi Bill yes i would need the loudspeaker as well , I am also very pleased you are having this restored especially if the cabinet is in such good condition .

I have sent you a PM with my phone number etc, regards Mick.
Closed Thread