UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 26th Jun 2019, 2:28 pm   #1
WaveyDipole
Octode

Default Farnell TM39 Microvoltmeter schematic.

I have just recently acquired a Farnell TM39 Microvoltmeter. It seems to a quite well made if rather large instrument and seems to be in working order. Interestingly is has provision for two internal PP9 batteries and has a logging feature, although I'm not sure what this connects to? On the rear there are two sockets for a 'pen recorder'? The movement seems operate freely and does centre correctly when no power is applied. A quick test on the 10v range shows that the deflection is about correct in both directions, but I can't get it to zero when power is applied. The indicator is stable and there is a certain adjustment range of around one major scale division available, but it always stays to the left of the centre position between the 4 and 2 mark.

The fault is probably nothing major (faulty pot perhaps or leakage), but I have been unable to find a manual or schematic online. I did come across a manual for the TM2 which seems to be an older but similar instrument and a TM4 which is an RF version of the instrument, but I can't find anything for the TM39. Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this by any chance or come across a user/service manual?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM39b.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	185740  

Last edited by WaveyDipole; 26th Jun 2019 at 2:42 pm.
WaveyDipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2019, 9:55 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Farnell TM39 Microvoltmeter schematic.

Thread title edited at OP's request.

Several posts moved to a new thread here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=157617

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Station X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 1:12 am   #3
Julesomega
Hexode

I too would like to go on the record as looking for service information for the TM39, also the TM1 and TM2

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 10:07 am   #4
short wave
Pentode

Hi Julian TM2 here..
https://elektrotanya.com/farnell_tm2...wnload.html#dl
regards S-W
short wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 4:57 pm   #5
Julesomega
Hexode

Thanks so much to Short Wave for the link, and Wavey Dipole for his PM with helpful comments on the TM39

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote