UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2021, 8:09 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Emile Berliner BBC World Service R4

10-05am Thursday 8/7/21. "Arguably the man responsible for today's gargantuan record industry. Explores his story and why he is not so well known as his contemporaries Edison, Tesla and Bell."

Dave W
Old 7th Jul 2021, 8:17 pm   #2

Default Re: Emile Berliner BBC World Service R4

Brilliant, I have a non thinking bit of testing to do tomorrow, I will align it with that. One of those jobs where it would take twice as long to explain than just get on with it.

Old 7th Jul 2021, 10:10 pm   #3
Station X

This on the BBC World Service, not BBC Radio 4 unless you like Woman's Hour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct1rlc

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 8th Jul 2021, 6:09 am   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Oh yes a bit of a slip there Graham There's not much differentiation in lockdown and Radio 4 often seems to carry the same material as the WS during the night, unless I'm mistaken. The BBC seems to be all over the place these days with the enemy at the gates.
Why News Night felt the need to cover the Football last night is beyond me, unless it's just populist desperation. The new presenter there run's Woman's Hour as well which is often worth a listen.

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 8th Jul 2021 at 6:25 am.
Closed Thread