UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Apr 2006, 11:55 am   #1
Drifton
Pentode

Location: Cambridge... in that country formally know as 'Great Britain'
Default HP Integral PC 9807A

Hello,

I have acquired one of these… a Hewitt Packard (HP) Integral PC 9807A, also referred to as IPC.

It is of 1985 vintage, has 512Kb’s of RAM, a Motorola MC 68000 - 8 Mhz CPU, a 16-bit HP graphics processor and sold in the UK for ~ £5300 ! Therefore not many were sold… anywhere… so they were generally disposed of by HP as “top-floor” sweeteners for large contracts (allegedly).

On the top of the unit there is a built-in “Thinkjet” printer and an orange and black, flat panel gas-plasma screen. There is no hard disc but runs using a 3.5-inch disk drive. Bizarrely software can still be down loaded f.o.c. from HP’s museum site.

Though weighing in at more than 10 Kg it is described as a “transportable personal computer” albeit still requiring AC mains power to run it. (115v or 230v settings available)

The one I have has no manuals, original software and the mouse has gone awol. When I power it up, among other things it says… “Welcome to the University of California” (?). So it has obviously travelled.

Does anyone know of, or have one of these?

Cheers,
Dave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HP Integral PC (a).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	3447