UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2018, 5:57 pm   #41
PaulR
Dekatron

Default Re: Interference On MW.

I bet that is a relief. Let's hope that the offending SMPS or whatever went off with a nice bang!
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:50 pm   #42
pepmin 1
Pentode

It's nice to put the radio on without fighting through the noise that was there. It was really bad towards the end....well! I say the end I will have to wait and see.
Old 21st Jun 2018, 9:26 pm   #43
Biggles
Rest in Peace

I had similar problems to you when overnight the hash level in my shack went sky high. This coincided with my son's arrival along with his aftermarket laptop supply. (Which was running too hot in my estimation). I traced it by walking around the house with a portable radio on MW, and advised him to bin it before it burnt the house down, as he has a habit of leaving such things plugged in on the bed! Maybe your neighbour had some relatives or friends staying and they have now gone taking the offending item with them.
Closed Thread