UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2019, 12:54 am   #1
Skywave
Dekatron

Question W.T.B.: one graphics adaptor, PCI express x16

I know that I can buy such an item second-hand from the usual on-line outlets, but I have chosen to enquire here because in the event of any subsequent help being required, I know it will be forthcoming. And then there is the not insignificant question of trust . . .

The card does not need to be anything 'powerful': it won't be used for games nor high-quality photo editing, etc.: just word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.: all basic stuff. I just want to improve the overall performance of an old ASUS PC by not using part of the memory on the mobo. As for the card, I believe something like 512 MB should be adequate. It will be used with Windows XP and Windows 7. (The PC is working at present without such a card).

If anyone has such a card for sale, please give me a P.M.: then we can take this further.

Thank you.
Al. (May 23rd.)
Old 23rd May 2019, 9:26 pm   #2
whiskas
Hexode

Default Re: W.T.B.: one graphics adaptor, PCI express x16

Hi Al,
I have a good PNY 128MB PCI-E graphic cards, from ~2008/9, windows XP and 7 era.
It has a very good Nvidia Geforece 7200GS chipset.
It's more than adequate for the purposes you state - and can do some more on top, i.e. you could play some of the older games (of it's era) very nicely if you ever wanted to!
Photos attached (please excuse my bad photography)
I'll send you a PM about it.
Cheers
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pny128mbpcie.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	183721   Click image for larger version

Name:	pny128mbpcie (1).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	183722   Click image for larger version

Name:	pny128mbpcie (2).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	183723  
Old 24th May 2019, 12:05 am   #3
Skywave
Dekatron

Default Re: W.T.B.: one graphics adaptor, PCI express x16

Suitable card now purchased. Thread can be closed.

Al. / May 24th.