UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jul 2020, 5:25 pm   #1
akaimac
Diode

Default Philips N4522 solenoid problem

Hi
Newbie here. Just acquired one of these machines. There are three solenoids which are wire wound on a plastic former. There is a central metal plunger which moves in and out. All three are identical.
Unfortunately the one that controls the play function must have shorted then fused to the plunger and is stuck fast. Does anyone out there have one of these or can suggest where to source ? Obviously happy to pay what's asked. Hope to attach a photo if I get it right! Thanks, Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8FB46CD7-2E4E-406D-BED1-EA19F7F87BFF.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	210107  
Old 4th Jul 2020, 12:33 pm   #2
jim221
Pentode

Default Re: Philips N4522 solenoid problem

Hello Peter, I have one of these machines. Do you have a service manual for it? The reason I ask is that there is one available on Hifi engine. Looking at the photo it does not look as if the there is the usual signs of burning and hence locking up of the solenoid. I think there are 2 screws which hold the solenoid to the frame can you not undo these and them see if you can withdraw the shaft? Have you checked the resistance of the solenoid?
Jim
Closed Thread