UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2020, 1:06 pm   #1
View-master3d
Diode

Default Television converter

Hello,
I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please. I have recently obtained a Bush TV 22 and very much an amateur in this field. I notice that the set has been fitted with a Bush television converter type 184. It seems to be a piece that was added professionally and my enquiry is to what the purpose of this addition was? Would it be for picking up extra channels? any information on this would be appreciated, thank you in advance,John.
Old 6th Jul 2020, 1:56 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Television converter

It is to receive ITV, which was rolled out across the UK from 1955. TVs made before that like the TV22 could only receive the single BBC channel without a converter.
Old 6th Jul 2020, 2:44 pm   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Restoration of a Bush TV22 equipped with the TC184 Band 3 converter:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=157811

DFWB.
Old 7th Jul 2020, 2:29 pm   #4
View-master3d
Diode

Hello, thanks for the replies, I was thinking it was probably for picking up other channels but didn't know for sure, think it would have been added for this reason.
Closed Thread