UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Apr 2015, 3:00 pm   #21
HuMpH57
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Spinney SRP115 with BSR C109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Dave View Post
Where do the twisted red and white wires go?
They go into 2 connector blocks then up to the centre assembly under the turntable.

Any recommendations for good repair shop/person in Merseyside area ?
In all honesty when I seen this unit I bought it with the mad notion of fitting a touchscreen and raspberry Pi running jukebox software but I now want to get it fixed if possible and keep it original.
Old 7th Apr 2015, 4:24 pm   #22
AC/HL
Dekatron

If you don't feel confident tackling this yourself, make a post in this section: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...play.php?f=145
Old 8th Apr 2015, 10:24 am   #23
HuMpH57
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry , I will make a new post in the correct section.

I am confident enough to follow instruction, I just don't have the knowledge that you guys have.
I thought originaly that the amp is the culprit,I just didn't know how to prove this.
If there is anything I can do or try then I am more than happy to have a go, if it now needs a professional then I will take it somewhere to be looked at.
I appreciate the replies and advice offered so thank you all.
Old 8th Apr 2015, 1:05 pm   #24
AC/HL
Dekatron

Nothing to be sorry about, that's our preferred course of action if you feel able.
Ask as many questions as you need, someone will be pleased to help.
Old 22nd Apr 2015, 1:31 pm   #25
HuMpH57
Retired Dormant Member

I have not had any luck finding anyone local who can take a look at this, I have since bought another unit that is fully working but I would love to get this spinney repaired.
Is there anything I can do myself to determine the exact problem ? if anyone can help me I would be very grateful.
Closed Thread