UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Oct 2018, 7:05 pm   #1
Racal Zonal
Triode

Default Icom R 100 SSB Help

Evening All

I have recently aquired an Icom R 100 receiver, as standard this set does not have CW/SSB however the subject unit has been fitted with an additional board that I think may be the conversion board that was offered by Ray Withers Communications (I think) many years ago. The set works in all standard respects and my question is does anyone know/remember how to switch to SSB when this mod has been fitted.

Thanks in advance.

Anson
Old 13th Oct 2018, 7:56 pm   #2
Andrew2
Nonode

Default Re: Icom R 100 SSB Help

I used to have one of these receivers fitted with that mod and I'm trying to get my remaining two brain cells to remember which key it was. Aaaargh! Possibly the AFC/ANL one? I do remember that the mod was only marginally successful - the SSB audio was pretty quiet and you had to whack up the volume to hear it.
Old 14th Oct 2018, 4:42 pm   #3
Racal Zonal
Triode

Andy

Thanks for your response, I tried Afc/Anl but no difference.
Of course the board or wiring may be faulty !.
Anything further from your brain cells ?

Anson
Old 14th Oct 2018, 4:57 pm   #4
Andrew2
Nonode

No, I've tired stirring them up but nothing is forthcoming. The 'net seems to have little on this.
Old 14th Oct 2018, 4:59 pm   #5
G4YVM David
Heptode

I worked for Ray but cant even recall the mod board...sorry
Old 14th Oct 2018, 8:00 pm   #6
Racal Zonal
Triode

I could be confusing the mod with that done on the FRG 9600, am I correct in saying that was an RW mod. I have seen this mod on other R100s in the distant past.
I could have a search through the vintage mags but that won't help with my problem as it won't help with the operation. Random thought as I type could it have been a Martin Lynch conversion.

Anson
Closed Thread