UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jun 2014, 9:09 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Identify this Transmitter?

In the 1981 movie "Eye of the Needle" Donald Sutherland plays a German spy who's stranded on a Scottish island and wants to make contact with his U-boat.

There are various shots of radio gear. OK, I can identify the CR100 receiver, but what's the transmitter?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eye.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	94642   Click image for larger version

Name:	needle2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	94643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-Eye of the Needle (1981).avi-1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	94644  

Last edited by G6Tanuki; 29th Jun 2014 at 9:31 pm.
Old 29th Jun 2014, 9:26 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Identify this transmitter?

It is Marconi, Member Onewatt has one, but for the life of me I can't remember the model
Old 29th Jun 2014, 9:37 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Identify this transmitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post
It is Marconi, Member Onewatt has one, but for the life of me I can't remember the model
Intriguing.... I'm always impressed when movie set-decorators actually take the time to use appropriate gear.

[I've in the past supplied Pye 2-way radios and control-boxes to the movie industry for in-vehicle shots. It amazes me how much they'll pay to rent such stuff - £250 for a week's loan of a couple of non-functional dash-mount Westminsters; £500 for six Pye Europas with "shaver" microphones for a day!]
Closed Thread