UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Feb 2019, 11:25 pm   #81
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette major rectifier

Just to say that the BSR X5M, although a very worthy cartridge, is the wrong type for the low-gain amplifier in a Dansette "Major". But if it is able to produce an adequate output then fair enough.
Old 17th Feb 2019, 10:05 am   #82
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Dansette major rectifier

I thought that, too, Edward, but, as I noted, it works well, producing plenty of volume & clarity on 45s, 78s, and the couple of LPs I've tried. Output level, etc., can be confirmed with a test record I have, and,once I prove that the C1* works O.K., I could fit that instead, putting the X5m back in my Silvertone player, but maybe I'l just leave things as they are.

* Pictured in my thread in the 'Components & Circuits' section
Closed Thread