UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2008, 8:06 pm   #1
Pete_kaye
Octode

Default Brown vintage headphones faulty

this might not be the best place to ask this but here goes...I have just bought some non-working SG Brown 2000ohm vintage headphones which are open circuit .Testing with a DMM tells me that only one of the 4 coils has resistance(510 ohms ) and the rest are open circuit.Also,only one of the braided leads gives a contact to the rear of one phone ,the other o/c.What I want to know is whether they could be repaired /used for spares or what ;those tiny high Imp coils look difficult to repair.Anyone tried?
Old 19th May 2008, 12:12 am   #2
petervk2mlg
Heptode

Default Re: Brown vintage headphones faulty

I've had those things rewound before, so yes it can be done. You just have to find someone who is prepared and set up to do it.

Peter
Old 19th May 2008, 9:34 pm   #3
OldBoffin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: vintage headphones

Hi All.
I have two pairs of vintage 2000 Ohm headphones with original leads, stacked away for years, but now for sale in aid of my Macmillan cancer charity.
Anyone interested - please make me an offer!
OldBoffin.
Old 20th May 2008, 3:54 pm   #4
PJL
Dekatron

Headphones are pretty easy. Here is my attempt https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ght=headphones. If you follow the link you will see my very simple hand rewinder.

If your lucky the fault will be in the last few turns which tend to corrode more easily...Peter
Old 20th May 2008, 9:18 pm   #5
FRANK.C
Heptode

I rewound the coils in a horn speaker which would be along similar lines. They were also 4K. The wire was quite thin if I remember right .06mm/46SWG. You will need some form of a winder with wire this thin.

Frank
Closed Thread