UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Aug 2018, 7:03 pm   #1
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Ferranti 17" Back Removal!

Have not a clue how the heck I get the back of this set.Will not be going on the bench till I do.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5254.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	167982  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 7:33 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: Ferranti 17" Back Removal!

"Lay it face downwards on a protected surface.Remove the two screws securing the rear moulded nylon feet, and pull the bottom cover upwards away from the wrap-round sides.
Now gently push back cover upward towards top of receiver. With this upward and outward movement the back cover will come away exposing the three printed circuit boards. The wrap around side cover will now pull out, away from the front cover, which is secured by two screws through the front pair of feet i.e. as per the rear cover."
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 7:55 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank you so much.How could I not twig after 60 years in the trade!

I have those excellent Phillips rubber bench mats.
Old 24th Aug 2018, 9:50 am   #4
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

The Ekco TP347 is identical other than the cabinet finish. You may find it easier to find service data for this model. R&TV Servicing 1960/61 edition page 320. I can scan if you need it. John.
Old 26th Aug 2018, 3:22 pm   #5
FERNSEH
Dekatron

The attachment shows an advertisement in the February 20 1960 Electrical and Radio Trading magazine for the Ekco T347 which is apart from the badges identical to the Ferranti TP1026.
By using the Mazda CME1705 short neck CRT it was possible to reduce the cabinet depth to only 12 inches.
From the 1960/61 R & T servicing book:
Case Removal
Most servicing can be carried out by simply removing the back cover. The case is in three sections. To remove, first disconnect the set from the mains and lay it face downwards on a protected surface. Remove the screws securing the rear moulded-nylon feet, and pull the bottom of the back cover outwards away from the wrapround sides. Gently push the back cover upwards towards the top of the receiver. With this upward and outward movement, the back cover will come away, exposing the three printed panels. the wrap-round side cover will now will pull away from the front cover, which is secured with two screws through the front feet in the same way as the back cover.

DFWB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EkcoT347.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	168120  
Closed Thread