UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 22nd Feb 2019, 2:42 pm   #21
Lloyd 1985
Octode

Default Re: My new workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
If you're ever feeling bad about a mess, I refer you to this EDN article on Bob Pease: https://www.electronicdesign.com/ana...e-stuff-anyhow
Wow that makes my workshop look exceedingly tidy!!

Regards
Lloyd
Lloyd 1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 2:14 pm   #22
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Re: My new workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathode Ray View Post
And to keep the equipment from freezing on winter nights install a greenhouse heater bar with thermostatic wall socket, available cheap as chips on e-bay.
I set mine to 10 degrees and it keeps the shed from freezing, important for sensitive equipment.
For the protection of sensitive equipment and also for the structure of a wooden shed it's also important to take precautionary measures against a humidity level that will cause condensation.

Al.
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 4:34 pm   #23
deliverance
Hexode

Very nice and tidy workshop .
deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 8:40 pm   #24
John10b
Octode

A little off course but could I just add that my workbench/area would always get increasingly untidy, thank goodness that we had regular inspections by senior officers, we always had a warning before inspection, thank goodness!
Cheers
John
John10b is offline   Reply With Quote