UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2020, 12:51 am   #41
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Uher Variocord 63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bulgaria View Post
I did read somewhere (perhaps here?) about a Walkman with static 'ticks', which turned out to be a nylon wheel picking up charge. A conductive 'whisker' brushing the offending wheel removed the charge so it couldn't build up.
Some of the Uher Report 4xxx series have brushes (maybe nylon) on the main drive belt and I think I have read that is maybe for static discharge ?
Old 2nd Apr 2022, 5:12 pm   #42
Cobaltblue

Thread reopened by request.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 4th Apr 2022, 10:16 am   #43
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Getting back to this prior to selling it on.

Found that fast wind in both directions not working at all and in Play the Take Up reel table not working. Found drive belt from motor pulley to main drive idler had come off the idler.

At Post 40 had replaced this (previoulsy broken) with a Grundig belt that was a little too long, struggling at the moment to find correct size belt, I should have a set of Uher belts somewhere.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drive belt off drive idler.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	254612  
Closed Thread