UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2020, 2:38 pm   #1
record man
Pentode

Default Philips GR1AX space helmet tv.

I have above tv, all ok but i have four Jakks plug&play games two are ok full colour but two only black & white. I have tried every chanell from 21-69 on the modulator retuning tv every time still no luck. The games are in colour on main jvc tv.
Any idea i guess it must be the tv settings but as two are ok
Hope someone can help.
Steve.
Old 21st Jun 2020, 3:15 pm   #2
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips GR1AX space helmet tv.

Please give full details of the games that don't play. one problem could be that the games that don't play are the wrong standard for the TV. The GR1AX is a very basic portable and works on the old UK PAL TV system. If the games you have work on the American NTSC system they will not work on the GR1AX.

The main JVC TV could well of a type that is able to convert the American NTSC sytem into 'quasi-PAL thus giving a colour picture (but sometimes with reduced height).
Old 21st Jun 2020, 3:22 pm   #3
record man
Pentode

Thanks the two games that only play in b&w are Star Wars Darth Vader and The Clone wars. The two that are ok are Batman and Namco(joystick) All are Jakks pacific.
Old 21st Jun 2020, 3:27 pm   #4
Sideband
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by record man View Post
Thanks the two games that only play in b&w are Star Wars Darth Vader and The Clone wars. The two that are ok are Batman and Namco(joystick) All are Jakks pacific.
No we need to know what standard they are....(FULL DETAILS)!! PAL, SECAM or NTSC. The type of game is irrelevent. Should tell you on the game packaging
Old 21st Jun 2020, 3:38 pm   #5
record man
Pentode

As i don't have the box etc. and nowhere on the game does it have that information.
I was just trying to give the details you asked for irrelevant or not i will contact another forum.
Old 21st Jun 2020, 4:41 pm   #6
Sideband
Dekatron

No the type of game doesn't matter whether its an action type game, puzzle, quiz etc. What DOES matter is where the game was produced and if it was made originally for the UK market or not. If it was made for the States then it likely will not work on a simple UK TV. Your JVC is more sophisticated and (in keeping with most other brands) probably has the ability to reproduce the American standard in PAL format.

You could try looking the game up on Google or if possible the original supplier. All that is really needed is the format the game was produced in.

The GR1AX alomg with many portables of that type was a 'budget' set, no direct video inputs etc. and only capable of working on the PAL system. I can't think of anything else that would allow two games to play and the othe two not to play, especially if they all work on your JVC.

Jakks are an American company so.....

Last edited by Sideband; 21st Jun 2020 at 4:55 pm.
Closed Thread