UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 1st Nov 2012, 10:52 pm   #1
ekcopyephilips
Hexode

Default TW Gaze & Son, Diss, Norfolk

Hi All

Just seen these great looking dual standard sets at the above auction house. Thought someone might be interested, I liked the bigger set, the centre knob spins when a channel is selected, the centre fine tune on the Philips appears to be broken. Not sure what the bigger sets make is, anyone know? That appears to be dual standard too

cheers

mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1703.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	72067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	72068   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	72069   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	72070  
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 8:45 am   #2
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: TW Gaze & Son, Diss, Norfolk

Hello,

The big set with the maker's badge missing is a Murphy Astra Mark 2 series, model V753. This needs a UHF converter unit to make it dual standard (these screwed to the underside of the cabinet and connected to the main chassis via an Octal plug and socket).

The Philips also requires a UHF/625 converter unit, which fits inside the cabinet and a new fascia panel (part of the converter kit) replaces part of the left hand one shown in the picture.

Regards,

Dazzlevision

Last edited by dazzlevision; 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:46 am. Reason: Extra text.
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 4:19 pm   #3
JoshWard
Octode

Damn if only I had seen this last night!!
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 6:23 pm   #4
ekcopyephilips
Hexode

Hi Josh
They didnt sell, so they will be there next week, there was also a PAM wooden cabinet one. I got myself a EKCO AW87 without knowing !!! Only got it because my sis wants a bakelite 30's set to match her 30's house. She might not be getting it now.

Mike
Closed Thread