UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Nov 2014, 4:19 pm   #1
greenstar
Octode

Default Avo 8 terminal replacement

Hi folks,
I now have two Avos with a high voltage terminal broken off, one for which I am myself responsible, mea culpa, when it fell off the bench (largely through overcrowding), the other which arrived missing.

I guess it is a common problem.

When I broke the first one I left it like that, as finding a replacement doesn't seem straightforward. The problem seem to be the size and length of the central thread. These are black with a central banana socket. Has anyone sussed this out?
Tony
Old 13th Nov 2014, 4:32 pm   #2
Paul Adams
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Avo 8 terminal replacement

Hi Tony,

PM me your Address and I will send you a couple FOC.

Paul.
Old 15th Nov 2014, 7:26 pm   #3
pmmunro
Octode

Default Re: Avo 8 terminal replacement

There are two differentb versions of these terminals: Model 8 MK II to IV and MK V 6 & 7. Both are fixed by a semi-recessed nut on the inside of the panel

The HV terminals will be at the same potential as the input - probably not too much of a problem on the DC side as the intervening resistor has such a high value but of some concern on the AC side.

PMM
Closed Thread