UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Feb 2011, 6:11 pm   #21
terry123
Pentode

Default Re: Odd 2 pin plug

Belling Lee - plug socket as part of the clarke and Smith installation in the shed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3660.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	46948  
Old 17th Feb 2011, 6:21 pm   #22
wd40addict
Octode

Hi Terry!

My school definitely had the 2 pin euro plug, not the one you picture, but I don't know if the system was by C&S or a rival. The receiver was in the staff room and I never clapped eyes on it :-(

The school had 3 line speakers of various sizes, all having local volume control, which could be carried between the classrooms. When the system fell into disuse they sat gathering dust under the stage.

Regards,

Paul
Old 17th Feb 2011, 6:33 pm   #23
terry123
Pentode

Wonder if it was Coomber or Goodsell then Hmmmmmmmmm

cheers Paul

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 17th Feb 2011 at 6:36 pm. Reason: Quote of preceding post removed.
Old 18th Feb 2011, 9:07 pm   #24
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

I can't find the pic of the C&S 2-pin socket, but I know for certain it was C&S because the logo was engraved on the front.

Lucien
Old 19th Feb 2011, 5:05 pm   #25
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Odd 2 pin plug

Hi,
I've got a plug & socket like the one in post no.21 but with a round body instead of square. I thought it was for an aerial & earth connection to a radio.
My primary school classroom speaker sockets were miniature "Wandsworth" type 3 pinners that looked a bit like a "squashed" 2amp BS546 socket. Secondary school had a 2amp 2 pin line speaker socket that shared a rectangular plate with a sideways 13amp switchsocket. It was made by Walsall.
Cheers, Pete
Old 19th Feb 2011, 9:17 pm   #26
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Terry, that particular plug was much used by Reddifusion to connect up the speaker in NE England.

Ed
Closed Thread