UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Sep 2021, 8:31 pm   #1
Chris_A
Triode

Default AVO Model 8 Mk 7 question

Hi,

I am trying to find out what current you get across the terminals of an AVO Model 8 Mk 7 in the resistance x1 ohm range.

I have checked a Mk 6 and get 73.5mA, I am assuming that the a Mk 7 would be similar but don't have both circuits so can't confirm.

If anyone has a Mk 7 handy and could do a quick check I would much appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris
Old 7th Sep 2021, 8:59 pm   #2
pmmunro
Octode

Default Re: AVO Model 8 Mk 7 question

Chris,

The circuit diagram of the Model 8 Mark 7 in attached.

What are you using to measure the current at the terminals? The resistance of the measuring device will have an effect on what you measure.

If you have several Avometers, a Model 40, for example, would give you a lower resistance on its current ranges than a Model 8.

A digital multimeter will have around 1 ohm across the terminals on the 300mA range.

PMM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Circuit Diagram 2.pdf (184.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 7th Sep 2021, 10:09 pm   #3
Chris_A
Triode

PMM,

I had used used a Fluke 87v, admittedly I know it will have an effect but hadn't looked to see how much.

I am just trying to get an idea of the value to justify the use of a safety ohmmeter on a 2-3 ohm circuit which is current sensitive.

Chris
Old 8th Sep 2021, 4:08 pm   #4
micheal
Pentode

Hi, you do not get current across the terminals only voltage, on the X1 ohms range the Avo will supply 75m/a

Mike
Old 8th Sep 2021, 5:21 pm   #5
micheal
Pentode

I should also have said it is 75 m/a into a short circuit and a terminal voltage of approximately 1.5 volts depending on the cell’s internal resistance

Mike
Old 9th Sep 2021, 6:41 pm   #6
Chris_A
Triode

Thanks a lot guys that should give me enough to go on

Chris
Closed Thread