UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2021, 6:31 pm   #1
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Default Wein 8TD3

Hi does anyone know the size of drive belt for this 8 track player as need a replacement thanks for any help.
Old 23rd Feb 2021, 9:34 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Wein 8TD3

I do not know the size of the original Wien/BSR drive belt but as per my attached Thread link I used a spare flywheel flat belt from my Akia GX-4000D Reel to Reel recorder which fits and works well on my Wien.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=174845

My donor belt measures around 1.3mm thick, 6.5mm high and has an ID of 110mm.

My original Wien belt had turned to goo so difficut to tell but some of the remnants looked slimmer than 1.3mm

The absolute dimensions are not overly critical.

David
Old 23rd Feb 2021, 10:21 pm   #3
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Thanks David yeah the belt on mine has turned to goo I've got some belts for my Akai reel to reel I'll see what they are tomorrow but your measurements will come in handy if my belts are no good.
Old 24th Feb 2021, 10:20 am   #4
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Hi found a spare belt for my Akai so will use that , David you said you removed fly wheel to aid cleaning does it come off just by removing the centre screw thanks for any help.
Old 24th Feb 2021, 2:13 pm   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

No I said I tried to remove the flywheel but could not, so removed the motor pulley for a little better access for cleaning.

Removing the centre screw (in my case at least) did not allow the flywheel to be removed, I could not easily work out what was holding it, obviously it must come off somehow.

There is a circlip on the underside of the flywheel but very difficult to access and would be extremely difficult to refit access wise. It felt like the capstan shaft was somehow being held by the bottom bearing assembly, but the screws for the bearing assembly were inaccessible. Probably when you know how to do it, it is fairly straight forward.

David
Old 24th Feb 2021, 4:58 pm   #6
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Ok thanks again.
Closed Thread