UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2020, 4:26 pm   #1
frankmcvey
Heptode

Default Variac

Very nice sturdy variac, about the size of a shoe box. It doesn't say so, but I seem to recollect it was rated at 2A. I bought this some time ago, but was given an 8A bench-mounted variac shortly afterwards, so I've never used it in anger. On testing it, I found I was getting no output, so I took the cover off and found everything was working perfectly. I put it back together and once again got no output, and it's remained in that condition ever since. It's obviously an intermittent connection and an easy fix.

Main output is via a round-pin 5A socket at the rear, but there's an ancilliary binding post output on the front. Output is from 0VAC to about 260VAC

40 plus carriage (considerably less than I paid for it!) or you can collect at Cottesmore LE15.

Cheers,

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	207309   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	207310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3219.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	207311  
Old 31st May 2020, 6:14 pm   #2
Longespee
Tetrode

Default Re: Variac

Hi Frank, could I have the Variac please, PM sent, best Sean.
Old 31st May 2020, 6:26 pm   #3
frankmcvey
Heptode

Early bird gets the worm! All yours, Sean.
Old 31st May 2020, 6:45 pm   #4
Longespee
Tetrode

Thank you Frank, lying on floor with a bad back, nothing to do but surf and feel sorry for myself of course.

Best, Sean.