UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 5th May 2020, 12:33 am   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Heptode

Default Help with Hitachi SDT-2480 Tape Deck

Hi all

I'm looking for someone who can take a look at this music centre tape deck. I have been repairing the music centre and done a lot to the turntable which needed a lot of work as well as the tape deck which didn't work at all initially.

The tape deck has had a lot of new capacitors fitted and a new belt and now it plays back fine. I have a problem with record and it looks to be related to the record bias circuitry. It will try to record but it is heavily distorted and I can't set the bias voltage as per the service manual and it seems unstable. I really don't know much about the working theory of cassette recorders so it's something that I am limited at repairing.

I'm really looking for someone midlands based who can take a look at it as I can't really post the whole thing but if someone can take the deck on its own and set it up with an external PSU or whatever else you will need then I can post the deck on its own with the service manual.

Obviously if I need to bring the whole thing to someone to repair then this will have to be done when lockdown restrictions are over but if anyone can take a look then please let me know as this is the only thing that's hindering me from getting it completed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200505_002859.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	204905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200505_002805.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	204906   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200505_003104.jpg
Views:	18