UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2004, 2:27 pm   #1
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Anyone built the EPE modulator?

I know this question has already been asked, but I could not locate the original thread.

Everyday Practical Electronics did a construction article on an AM modulator in the Nov 2004 issue.

I am very tempted to knock one up, except:
The author exhorts the reader to use a good screened lead to connect the RF output to the aerial input of your AM radio - I think he is sort of hinting that you could connect an aerial, but dare not speak its name!
The RF stage seems fairly beefy.

So there is a question mark over what sort of range it may give with an aerial; I was wondering if anyone had tried one yet?
I may, if Santa provides a large box of round tuits.
Old 17th Dec 2004, 5:59 pm   #2
JHGibson
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Anyone built the EPE modulator?

I have a construction article for a AM modulator (low power transmitter), using a 6A7 valve and its range with a few feet of aerial wire is described as room to room.
John.
Closed Thread