UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Apr 2020, 3:42 pm   #21
RetroGuy527
Triode

Default Re: HAM Gear - gauging interest

To those that I have not responded to or updated I appologise. Unfortunately the owner died soon after the photos were taken I'm told that things got rather hectic after that. Plus with recent lockdown it's not turned out as hoped. As far as I know some parts got salvaged in the rush but I don't know or may not get to know any more than that.
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 11:33 am   #22
bill knox
Hexode

Hi

I could be interested in the R1155, I must confess I prefer them to be unmodified.

Let me know in due course when you are in a position to sell it all off

Bill
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 3:21 pm   #23
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

That's very sad but all too common these days RetroGuy. Still, you did your very best for him. I've experienced this sort of situation in the past. You might want to help the individual and/or rescue the equipment but all the authority passes to others who may well be disinterested or dismissive, even if there could be an advantage to themselves! On the other hand, some people really appreciate a bit of help. I once bought a lot of 78's after a bereavement-really well looked after examples. The five sons were a bit shattered but when I asked, they said no, non of them had ever collected things like their Dad.
Nice guys but baffled. One looked around the room and said to me "Just look at all this stuff!" I said, "Er, actually it's just like my house three miles away. I wish I'd known him!" It really seemed to help that I had bought them.

Dave W
Closed Thread