UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2011, 10:15 am   #1
Colin Boggis
Pentode

Default McMichael 808 tuning scales

I'm restoring a McMichael 808 - a relatively unusual radio with "rotobar" tuning. The two tuning scales, red text on antique gold paper backgrounds are virtually unreadable. I'm making up copies using "Powerpoint" and will print on antique gold thin card. I just wondered if anyone has good original scales that could be scanned to make more accurate copies?
Old 12th Apr 2014, 4:04 pm   #2
SurreyNick
Heptode

Default Re: McMichael 808 tuning scales

Hello Colin. Did you ever restore your McMichael 808? I have just acquired one myself for restoration and would be very interested in anything you might have to share from your experience. How did you get on with your reproduction of the tuning scales?
Closed Thread