UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Dec 2004, 5:42 pm   #1
newlite4
Octode

Default antiques roadshow - last night

Did anyone see antiques roadshow last night. I normally see it just in case anything of radio interest comes up. Last night a Pye D18T television and a Pye model MM radio were featured. This was rather apt since the show was recorded in Cambridge. The expert reckoned that each set would fetch around £100, not too far off the mark then . He did say that the main market for these items were 'technicians keen to see how they work' which seemed a fair comment.
Neil
Old 20th Dec 2004, 9:11 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: antiques roadshow - last night

Yes, I saw it too. The TV was given as around £100, but I thought he said £150 (or possibly 100-150) for the radio.
What struck me was the picture on the TV, although I think it was more trickery than standards converters!

Just checked the website -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/antiqu...=48&submit.y=7
Closed Thread