UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2015, 7:07 pm   #1
HandH52
Retired Dormant Member

Default Quick fix for Sony reel to reel head cover pins

I have a Sony TC377 which has had a bit of a hard life cosmeticaly but works OK. At some point the head cover has been dropped and the locating pilars with the holes in for the pins were smashed. On the chassis one locating pin was sheared off & the other was missing
The external appearance of the cover is OK but I have never seen new pins for sale so I decided to look for alternatives The answer was very close at hand. It turns out that the plastic shafts of the ''ear buds'' I use to clean the heads are a very snug fit in the threaded holes of the Sony chassis and can be trimmed to the right length with scissors. As for the holes in the head cover they are quite deep so I found a couple of plastic rawlpugs which were a good tight fit and used them to extend the remains of the pillars to the correct position. The ''ear bud'' shafts are a snug fit in the rawlplugs so the head cover is held in position quite well. It is tiding me over until I can think of something better and it cost nothing! Hope this might help out anyone in similar predicament.
Closed Thread