UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Dec 2021, 10:56 am   #1
George G4EUF
Tetrode

Default Avo multimeter model da116

Hello all, I have a digital AVO multimeter type DA116, unfortunately, one or two segments of the LCD display are missing. I have tried to contact AVO ( IF THEY STILL EXIST? ) without success. I am quite happy to dismantle the meter to see if there and markings on the display, ie ref number. Many thanks. George.
Old 6th Dec 2021, 11:42 am   #2
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: Avo multimeter model da116

Quote:
Originally Posted by George G4EUF View Post
Hello all, I have a digital AVO multimeter type DA116, unfortunately, one or two segments of the LCD display are missing. I have tried to contact AVO ( IF THEY STILL EXIST? ) without success. I am quite happy to dismantle the meter to see if there and markings on the display, ie ref number. Many thanks. George.
Avo Ltd changed its name to Megger Instruments some years ago, but they are still based in Dover, Kent.

Technical support: 01304 502 102
Old 6th Dec 2021, 1:13 pm   #3
George G4EUF
Tetrode

O, thank you for that, I have tried to contact them without success, again thank you/
Old 6th Dec 2021, 8:25 pm   #4
factory
Octode

I don't know if it's similar to the display problems old Fluke DMMs develop, but have you checked if it's just a bad contact on the zebra strip between the LCD & the PCB? this might need cleaning or replacing if the strip can be obtained.

David
Old 8th Dec 2021, 8:59 pm   #5
George G4EUF
Tetrode

Hello David, thank you for that, I have cleaned all the pins on the LCD display, however, without success. again thank you. George.
Old 8th Dec 2021, 9:05 pm   #6
George G4EUF
Tetrode

On another note I am building a RF power meter, there are two eight pin SM I/Cs one which is a LT1019, a 2.5 volt regulator I/C, however, there are no markings to indicate which is pin 1 ? no dot or cutaway on the chip ? anyone any ideas
Closed Thread