UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jun 2006, 6:43 pm   #1
ken rand
Retired Dormant Member

Default help philips n4307 belts neede

I Am New To This So Don't Get Too Mad With Me!

Just Found In The Loft Philips N4307 It Worked Ok When Last Used All Be 30+ Years Ago! Got The Lid Off And Both Belts Are Very Very Long And Sticky, Reading Some Of The Other Posts Here This Is A Normal!! Problem I Have Any Ideas For Getting Replacements?

My Day Job Is Working On 30+ Year Old Dc10 Aircraft Their Rubber Bands Break Too, However I Am New To Tape Recorders So Any Help Would Be Good.

Many Thanks

Ken Rand
Old 20th Jun 2006, 7:06 pm   #2
Stewart
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: help philips n4307 belts neede

Have a look at this thread..

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ead.php?t=8634

The only other thing I would warn against if your can't get hold of the originals, is that these machines use a shaped belt with 5 sides. Replacing them with O ring or round section belts can give rise to slight speed problems as they don't sit in the pulleys at the same point. (5% slow seems typical).

The other point is that even if you do get hold of originals they may soon end up just as bad - I had several new old stock Philips belts here for a rainy day..until a while back when I saw they had all turned to goo too! Thank goodness they were still in sealed packs or the mess would have been horrid!
Old 20th Jun 2006, 7:23 pm   #3
timewave
Pentode

Default Re: help philips n4307 belts neede

Ken

If you do a search for N4450 on ebay you will find a German guy who may be able to help.He states that he can supply for other Philips machines so might be worth a try.

I'm just waiting for some belts for above to arrive.

Cheers

John
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 10:33 pm   #4
Andrew_Keith
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: help philips n4307 belts neede

Hi Ken if you search out Colin Braddock tape recorder centre in Blackpool he should be able to supply you with a complete set for the 4307. I got some from him last year and his service is second to none. Make sure you clean ALL the gunge of the pulleys before you fit new belts

Regards.
Closed Thread