UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2006, 6:14 pm   #1
rhino
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ferguson 3226 HELP

I have recently found a Ferguson 3226 that belonged to my Grandfather. There are a number of tapes that contain long gone relatives and it would be great to listen to them. The problem is that although the player appears to works OK the belt has long since perished. Can anyone help me as to where I can get either a new belt or even the correct size required. In fact any help would be appriciated.
TIA
Old 27th May 2006, 12:34 am   #2
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Ferguson 3226 HELP

Hi Rhino
Maplin used to sell tape recorder belts, and I think CPC still do. A quick "Google" should turn up something.
Failing that, if a round section belt is required some O ring cord can be used to manufacture a new one. Simply cut to size and superglue the ends together. O ring cord is available from RS and WYCO.
Collin Braddock(?) at the tape recorder centre may be able to help.
I don't have his phone number to hand, but I expect someone else will............
Good luck.
Tim
Old 29th May 2006, 5:40 pm   #3
rhino
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ferguson 3226 HELP

Thanks for your help and advice. Got the thing working today. Cheers
Closed Thread