UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2013, 5:37 pm   #1
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default Toshiba T1000 reluctant to boot

Hi all
My son purchased an old Toshiba T1000 ,model no. PA7027 lap top about a year ago and gave it to me to fix. The internal battery pack would not hold a charge so I made up a new rechargable pack and it worked fine till last week. Now on switch on the small power-low battery indicator goes red then turns to green then goes out and refuses to boot up. I have checked the batteries and they are still holding a good charge, just under 6 volts. I tried a p.s.u. connected to the battery plug but the results where the same. I wondered if it was shutting down because of an internal protection circuit.Anyone had experience of this model or could think of something to try.
Mike
Old 15th May 2013, 11:15 am   #2
paul.brett
Tetrode

Default Re: Toshiba T1000 reluctant to boot

I have requested technical schematics from Toshiba Europe. We'll see how that pans out.
Old 16th Jun 2013, 12:41 am   #3
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Toshiba T1000 reluctant to boot

Mike,

Not sure how similar the T1000 is to it, but a T1200 which I had a few years ago seemed to be suffering from a number of physically leaky electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and battery charging boards.

Was never 100% sure if this was the problem, but it certainly seemed a likely candidate given the fact there were visible problems there.
Closed Thread