UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2013, 11:46 pm   #1
JimmyDeath
Pentode

Default Nascom 2 PSU - 3A Model

Hello

Does anyone have a Nascom with the 3A variant PSU like this one:

http://www.80bus.co.uk/pages/nascom/nascom2_3a_psu.htm

I have a Nascom 1 but it came without a proper PSU so I thought I would replicate it and I wanted to check that I have scaled it correctly.

So I would be grateful if someone could measure their PCB for me (just the overall length and width is required) and if possible the dimensions of the largest heatsink.

Many thanks

Regards

James
Old 6th Jun 2013, 9:45 am   #2
threeseven
Octode

Default Re: Nascom 2 PSU - 3A Model

It could be scaled quite accurately from say the T03 pass transistor on the heatsink?
Good to read something about the Nascom 2, I wanted to buy one at the time it was available but couldn't afford it!
Old 13th Jun 2013, 7:05 pm   #3
JimmyDeath
Pentode

Default Re: Nascom 2 PSU - 3A Model

Yes I did scale it from a number of components but you can never be sure that the photos I worked on were square on.

I did ask the chap who was selling one on ebay if he wouldn't mind measuring it and he came back with 5x7" or 12.5x17cm although mathematically the length doesn't work out since 7" is 17.8cm.

I am hoping that his imperial measurements are correct as my board is 124.5 x 177mm which is close.

If anyone has one and has the time to confirm one or other of the dimensions then that would be good.

Thanks

James
Closed Thread